This is one of simple and easy snack, which popular enough in West Sumatra. I really like this, especially when you hungry, eat it while it still hot. Yummy!!!
I often bought it after school and eat that on the way home.
Now i miss it again after i no longer lived there. So i tried to find the recipe and tried to make it with simple ingredients and TADAAAAAA…
I make it!!!
400 gr Rice Flour
500 ml boiled water, mix it with some bouillon (in this case you can use MAGGI or Knorr, chicken or beef, many times as desired. But make sure it’s not too salty)
1 salted Fish, fried and mince. (Optional : you can use fried small fish. For example i use ‘Ikan Bada’, which is can only be found in Maninjau Lake.)
2 turmeric leaf, thinly sliced
Grinded Spices :
8 red chili
5 springs onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 cm turmeric
2 cm ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Put flour, grinded spices and sliced turmeric in a bowl.
2. Give in 500 ml boiled water a little bit while stirring with a wooden spoon.
3. When it is kinda cool, knead by hand until smooth.
4. Take a pingpong ball-sized dough, put the fish into it.
5. Close the dough (make a free shaped, which mean not too round)
6. Fry it in deep hot oil until golden brown.
7. Serve it!
Portion : 30 pieces of small ball